Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We just bought a 2003 34 ft Lapalma monaco, what dinghy

Customer Question

We just bought a 2003 34 ft Lapalma monaco, what dinghy vehicle is pullable, mini cooper, new mercedes smart car, Audi TT, all stick shifts ? best tow bars for our monaco
Denise
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Any that weigh under 5,000 lbs........and I prefer those by Blule Ox. I think the Alladin model is about the best for the money. Plan on about $2,500 for the total and installation with the wiring. Shop around as the price varies. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, Denise...............did that information prove helpful here? IF you need more you can come back to this post. I will be around all week-end and we can do a phone chat if you think that would be useful for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really, Which car works for all four tires on the ground ? RE : dinghy vehicle I gave you a list ?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I got the impression from your list that these were all "stick shift" models..............and those are all towable without a dolly. Some manufacturers offer both, so you would need to know about both or give me specifics and I can look it up for you. Some automatic transmission models can be towed on the ground. Supply a specific year, make and model with the transmission and I can tell you. Hopefully, that clarifies this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about those half trailers, one set on the ground ?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Tow dollies........that is what many do who have one that can't be towed on "all four" or some you can add a transmission pump and then it can be towed. Lots of possibilities. The only real obstacle is the total weigh. You can't fudge that.