Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Electric slide out on Nuwa wont stay engaged

Customer Question

electric slide out on Nuwa wont stay engaged
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When you say it will not stay engaged is the motor running and the room not moving or the room moves but will not stay in place?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motor runs room moves then stops. Motor is still running but room quits moving. When we push on room the motor will engage again but only for a couple inches
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Do you have access to the motor?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi....

The phone service did not go through, there is an extra charge for that.

To start on this I would verify your battery voltage, if the voltage was dropping off then the motor might run but not push the room out, most rooms are wired directly to the battery so check the voltage and then check the voltage when the room is running, it should not drop below 10.5 volts, make sure your battery cables are also clean and tight. Sometimes they will also use a breaker on the cable from the slide room to the battery, below is a picture. Some are thermal, they heat up break contact and then self reset when they cool off, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery. With a meter check the voltage on each post while running the room if the voltage is only dropping off on one side then it is the problem, many times when they trip you would also hear a click.

Next I would get a 12 volt DC source and jump the motor direct the room should move in and out, if you swap the jumper wires it will run the other way. IF you get the same results then it could be the motor, if the room runs good then voltage issue. Sometimes they will also stick a slide room controler between the switch and motor as well.

IF this is a hydraulic room please let me know.... Robert