peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

1995 Safari 30' pusher motorhome with 6.5 GM diesel and

Customer Question

1995 Safari 30' pusher motorhome with 6.5 GM diesel and Allison 4-speed transmission. Motorhome has no dedicated emergency brake. Was told the 'park' select on the transmission is the emergency brake. So you throw it into park while moving? Wouldn't this just break the pawl? Never hear of this before. Can you advise? Thanks, John
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Some models use a brake installed on the transmission that usually can only be applied when the vehicle is stopped and its more of a holding brake when the vehicle is parked.If this is the way yours is set up unfortunately this is the only feature this model has.You might check with an auto accessory install facility to see if the offer any type of after market emergency brake system that they may be able to install as sometimes this is an option here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.