Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Need mobile or remote mechanic 2001 Bounder RV on Ford

Customer Question

need mobile or remote mechanic for my 2001 Bounder RV on Ford Triton V10; parked for a long time, used to start with no problem; now turns over slowly and won't start; changed to new battery, has fuel in tank.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

How old is the fuel? These newer methanol fuels go bad very quickly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a blend o very old and some newer fuel. I noticed that the fuel gage reads very full (above the F mark) which is very odd because the last time I filled the tank was two years ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that you are going to have to drain out the old fuel and put in a new fuel filter before this is going to run. Always add some fuel stabilizer to the fuel if you plan on letting it sit for any time at all..............say over 2 months. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll try that, but first, two quick follow ups: do I siphon the old gas from the tank? Could it be the fuel pump after sitting for two years without running tge engine? , how woul
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would I test (troubleshoot) the fuel pump?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The easiest way is to disconnect the fuel line at the fuel rail and test the pressure there. Or hook up a bleed line to a container and see if it pumps fuel into it..............but, that won't tell you the pressure.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get this to fire up? If not, please get back to me and we can sort this out. IF you think a phone chat would be more beneficial here we can offer that for you. I will be around all week-end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried your suggestion yet becsuse I work long hours. But I will work on the RV tomorrow (saturday). I think I'll need an engine diagram becsuse I'm not at all familiar with it. Only a few things are visible when I open the small hood or look under the chassis.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I would get a good repair manual for this model. I am adding a link for a good source. Try E-Bay or Amazon as well. Ford dealers may have some good ones as well. Let me know if you need more.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't find the repair manual and I don't know how to access the engine or fuel components. The only section I can access is the front that has the battery snd fluid dipsticks. Can you locate a repair manual? It's a 2001 Bounder RV, 36K Model, on a Ford Triton V-10 chassis.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Go to the link below for one..............http://www.repairsurge.com/manual/Ford/F53/2001/

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check with the local shops to see who does mobile repair work in your area that has experience in fuel issues on these. Checking this out wouldn't tank that long.