Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

GFCI outlets on outside (2) of trailer and inside trailer

Customer Question

GFCI outlets on outside (2) of trailer and inside trailer between sink and stove are not working. I have power coming from all circuit breakers but nothing to outlets. Is there possibly a reset switch?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The reset would be on the GFCI, if they are not resetting then you are not getting power to them. What you are going to have to do to start on this is inspect each outlet and make sure the connections are tight or the wires are not not touching each other. I would go to the first outlet that is closest to the breaker panel and check the connections and see if you have voltage at the first outlet, if so go to the next and so on working away from the breaker panel. Make sure you also do not have another GFCI hiding anywhere, I have seen some strange things over the years and want to make sure no others are hiding. If one outlet goes down they are all going to stop working as they are tied together.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked all and are working except this circuit. If the first GFI is interrupted , should it be replaced since there is no reset on it? No voltage coming into outlet.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I might pull that outlet and make sure it does not have some type of reset on it, normally you would have the test and reset on the face of the outlet. You should be seeing voltage on the wires to the first outlet in-line, if not then I might ohm the wires back to the breaker to see if that is where the problem is. IF you had AC voltage at the GFI then I would replace it. Robert