Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1995 Elkhorn Truck Camper with Atwood mamual and

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Elkhorn Truck Camper with Atwood mamual jack and would like to replace them with Atwood electric jack. The camper is prewired with four prong connections and the Electric jack are two prong. I am having trouble find the original wiring or module board. How do I make the change?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is there a 4 prong connection at EACH corner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you check to see which ones were "hot" in the plug? Is one different than the others and male instead of female or vice versa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not check nor could I find the ends of the wires or module board. There are three female and one male.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you have a small digital multimeter or 12 VDC test light you can check to see if you have power between the male which should be the ground lead and one of the female prongs. You can get a matching plug (or change these out) for the two lead plugs most jacks use now. Let me know what you find and we can go from there if you need more later. All follow ups are included in our fee. I don't think this has a "module board" as you say........that would come with the jack system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power between the male and female. The driver side has four prongs front and back and the passenger side two prongs front and back. Talk with you on Tues. morning.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Two is all you need here on each jack.............get back to me Tuesday if you need more here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get these wired up o.k.? Please get back to me if you need more help here. We can do a phone chat if you think that might be more helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been out of touch for the past few days, back home. The Atwood Electric jacks are wireless. They cam with a remote. Now I need a step by step of how they work and wired, and what else I need to finish the job?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did they come with a control module? You need that so it can receive the signal and activate the jacks on each line. You will still need to hook up each jack to the plug at each corner.