Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Our hot water unit seems to work as we get hot water but

Customer Question

our hot water unit seems to work as we get hot water but there is very little to none
running through the faucets
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the water heater bypass on? That is the most common reason for having hot water in the tank, but not in the fixtures. Most are located on the rear of the water heater, UNLESS they have a valve marked for that in a compartment. See if that might be the case here and get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. I can tell you about the valve(s) if that isn't clear. Attach a photo of yours to your post if you can. Some are one valve or two or three.............depending on who made them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont think its the bypass because nobody touched it. we had hot water and then we didnt
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and model of your water heater? Are you sure it is coming on?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Open up the outside inspection cover and it should be visible on the data tag...........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will have to get back to you as its in the mountains and im not
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF this is an Atwood XT model or the same version of a Surburban water heater the flow valve may be plugged up with calcium sediment. It can be taken off and cleaned as a rule or in severe cases it has to be replaced, but those are pretty expensive so cleaning it is always the first option.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you Bookmark this you can come back to it later at a more convenient time. Once I have the make and model of your water heater we can sort this out pretty quickly.