Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a B2100 aircon in my caravan. When I try to start it

Customer Question

Hello, I have a B2100 aircon in my caravan. When I try to start it the fan runs but the compressor doesn't start and I get the message E2
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

On some of the Dometic thermostat there was a glitch where if the thermostat got to warm due to the inside temp of the caravan being to hot it could trigger that code. What you can try is remove the T-stat and put it in the fridge for a few mins and then hook it back up and see if that fault goes away, I know is seems strange but I would give it a try. If that does not work I would get it in to a shop to diagnose further... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** tell me where the thermostat is please?
Cheers,
Paul
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Where are you seeing the E-2 error, on the thermostat or on the AC unit? I was thinking this code was coming on with the thermostat....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Robert, there is no separate thermostat control like a house unit, the unit sits on the roof of the caravan and the cover inside includes the air outlets and the control panel which has a little lcd screen, this is where the E2 message comes up,
Cheers,
Paul
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Let me look into this a little more for you, I was thinking it was coming up on the T-stat, IF I do not have any info on this I will let you know and then put your question back up for others to view.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I do not have anything for this AC unit, I am going to put your question back up for other experts to view. I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily. Sorry I was not able to help, Dometic has all kinds of different makes and models.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Robert,
Paul