Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2005 pilgrim 5th wheel. When I'm unplugged from

Customer Question

I have a 2005 pilgrim 5th wheel. When I'm unplugged from electrical outlet, my battery only runs my front jacks and slide out, nothing else. None of my lights in the trailer work. Can't find a master switch. Any thoughts to what's wrong?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you the same Pilgram owner who was searching for a manual last week?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have the owners manual. Just very general info. No details on anything.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I had a customer last week looking for a copy of the Owner's Manual...........I told him to find an owner and pay for a copy. Let me know if that would be doable for you. As far as your problem...........take a look at the shortstop breakers near the batteries on the bulkhead. Follow the red lead(s) right to them. One may be tripped or bad and that is why you aren't getting lights. I am enclosing a link for a photo of some. Small black button on the resettable kind that you push in. Best way to test these is with a 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter. About $5 and $15 respectively at most hardware stores and easy to use. Try that and if no joy, get back to me and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://www1.cooperbussmann.com/pdf/d698bc45-120e-47ae-9375-ebf1cda0ad62.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw these. Didn't see or know there was a reset button on them. I'll check when I can get back in there. Also, I'd be happy to copy the manual and scan it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That guy would be pretty thrilled...........he has looked everywhere. Let me contact him for an address for you and you can work it out between you. Thanks! And the button is small and hard to see...........and they might be autoreset styles and those have to be checked with a test light or meter. Take the red cap off over the top of them and look on the side or the end. Depends on who made them.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Larry Shetenhelm5981 W Oak Crest Dr Lake City, MI 49651 is the contact for the manual. I know he will be thrilled to get one!

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

My other customer was thrilled with your offer and gave me a nice bonus besides! I have you to thank for that. Were you able to get your problem resolved? IF not, please get back to me and we can sort that out. And a positive rating on my service to you on his question would be greatly appreciated when we are finished as that is the only way I am compensated for me time spent with you. I will be around all week-end if you need more.