Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1998 Winnebago chiefton rv with a 460 ford it is

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Winnebago chiefton rv with a 460 ford it is 33' long will it flat tow a chevy
Colorado ext cab 4wd or a gmc canyon
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the curb weight of those vehicles? And take a look at the hitch and the tow rating should be on there. Most are 5000 lbs. That would tell you. So far as power..........not a problem, but it does depend on the hitch and frame that you have and shocks and springs. And your Owner's Manual (if you still have one) should say as well. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the curb weight is 4100 lb for the 2.5 and 4280 for the 3.6 and I have a blue ox tow bar @ 5000 lb and the hitch is heavy
I was more concurned about the motor I didn't want to burn it up
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No worries about the motor............just be sure and gear down when going up steeper grades and keep the rpm's up............don't lug it. Keep the transmission fluid changed every 25K miles and if you don't have a cooler, get one. Other than that..........you are good to go!