Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Rear tail lights, parking, and turn signals not working.

Customer Question

Rear tail lights, parking, and turn signals not working. This is a 1977 dodge Monaco motorhome. I messed with bulbs and fuses. no obvious bulbs or fuses blown. Front signals, and lights all work fine, until I get 1 of the turn signals to come on (by messing with the contacts a little) then all the turn signals/hazards flash real fast.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

When all those don't work at the same time, the usual cause is a bad ground to the fixture..........on one side or both. Some are tied together. Get a piece of wire with alligator clips at both ends and make up a test ground lead that you can attach to the metal portion of the fixture with the lens removed and the other end hooked to a good ground on the chassis and see if you have them. IF NOT, please get back to me and we can run some tests with a 12 VDC test light...........about $5 or so at most automotive stores. Great to have for this sort of thing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to do any testing on this issue yet?