Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Generator is running but we have no 110 volts to the AC

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

IF you checked the breaker on the generator and have NO AC power then it sounds like a Transfer Switch issue. The TS will detect the incoming power source and switch back and forth between shore power and generator power, when the relay fails you will get no AC power at all on one source. So you will have to find the TS and see if you have AC voltage going in and out of the switch. IF you have AC power going in and nothing coming out it has failed. Location will vary, sometimes the TS is next to the shore cord and other times it can be inside, under the bed, behind the breaker panel etc. Try and follow both the generator and shore cord, it will go right to the TS. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert