Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2014 forest river and the slide won't come in, i

Customer Question

i have a 2014 forest river and the slide won't come in, i leave from camping in the morning, can i manually push it in
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Most slide hardware has a release so you can. Is this slide hardware by Power Gear or LCI? Is there a name on the switch or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no name. The manual says to find the circuit board, but I can't find that either
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No name in the manual? Usually the units with a circuit board are Power Ge

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Gear and have a handle on the motor you pull to release it. You would have to pull the boot off the motor to get to it and that would be underneath. It would say "Power Gear" on the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just a picture, no name. it does say 13398-c2 dual motor synchronus velocity slide control
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a newer LCI unit......and I have not worked on one of those, so I will opt out and let another tech offer something for you. Or you might try the LCI website for a manual. I think that is a
Swintek slide by LCI.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Click HERE and have a look need to find the control box, it will be between the switch and motor. I would also go to the battery and verify your voltage, many of these rooms are wired to the battery direct. Sometimes on the cable from the motor to the battery you might find a breaker, normally they stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame, below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip... Hope this helps some... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant find the control panel? the manual implies its in the wall, but i cant find it. i belive the motor is under the slide out, but i'm afraid i'll break the trim trying to get to it.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I would look on the floor below the switch see if there is an access point, drawer, false panel. I would also look near the battery and in the outside compartments, the control panel will be away from the room. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the control panel was actually under the slide (i pulled the upholstered panel below the couch). there are no led's lit at all. i think it's an electrical issue to the switches before it actually goes to the slide motor. the lights outside do not work either. it seems there's a blown fuse or breaker, but the breakers haven't tripped and are on, and the fuses are fine
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

The fuse would be in the fuse panel inside OR you would have that breaker at the battery, to me it sounds like a wiring issue, something came loose or pinched. I do not have a wiring diagram or I would give it to you. What I might do is check all the fuses inside and make sure each has power, if you find one fuse does not have power I would check the back of the fuse block and make sure nothing has come loose. Wiring issues like this can be hard to troubleshoot. I might also see if you have voltage at the switch for the slide... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm becoming convinced it's a battery issue, now knowing that it operates on the battery. If the outside lights operate on the 12 volt - then we may have the culprit. I will jump the battery in the morning and try again. I can't see any loose wires on the panel behind the battery, nor do I see a breaker but I will check again in the morning. Thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need more help... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert