peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My dome is about 10 yrs. old. I am unable to get it to lock

Customer Question

my king dome is about 10 yrs. old. I am unable to get it to lock onto a signal. The dome is off and I can watch it search. which part controls its ability to find and lock the signal?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the dish/dome itself as I have seen some of these fail internally causing an issue like this here to where it isn't able to pick up a signal.Unfortunately this will need to be tested further and usually by an RV repair center to see if for sure this is the cause here and then if found to be at fault most of the time it will need replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I guess I was trying to avoid the inevitable.

Your welcome.I apologize it wasn't the answer you were looking for here.If there is anything else I can do to help let me know and feel free to rate my help above if you like.

Thanks Pete