Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My dometic referigerator check light comes on when i turn on

Customer Question

hi im Robdert my dometic referigerator check light comes on when i turn on the power button...,i am not hooked up to 120 so i assume the gas isnt igniting?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The fridge needs DC voltage to work, so it should no matter if you are plugged in for it to work on gas. The check light means it failed to ignite on LP. To start on this go to the outside access panel and try to start the fridge you should hear it sparking. IF it is sparking then I would get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tube really good, the burner tube will sit below the electrode (what sparks) you might have to remove a metal cover to get to the burner tube. Make sure you have good DC voltage going into the fridge as well. Next go to the main LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up. Sometimes if the main LP valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper LP pressure. IF it is not sparking please let me know, OR if you need more help get me the model number of the fridge, I should be able to send you a service manual which would help to diagnose the issue, follow ups are included.... Robert