Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a coolat leak in my dometic rn3663. Want to replace

Customer Question

I have a coolat leak in my dometic rn3663. Want to replace it with a 2-way unit.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You want to replace the whole fridge or just the cooling unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Better to repair cooling unit or replace refer.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think the fridges that are rebuilt are better than the new ones............IF you use an ATCO America rebuilt cooling unit. They have the same warranty as a new one and they galvanize them in the rebuilding process and that makes them last much longer. About $495 and you can install it yourself if you are handy with tools. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound good because there is a lot of rust on the current cooler. Kind of like using a dinosaur controler they repair dometic controlers and uderstand the problems. I need to find a repair tech out here los angeles.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I don;t know any down there............actually in Los Angeles. Ask around for someone who has done some rebuilds and uses ATCO cores. I can ask them who they sell to down there.........that might help.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you can give me your city and zip code I can ask ATCO who does these in your area.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to find someone who has ATCO rebuilds that can do this for you? IF NOT, let me know where you are exactly and I will get ATCO to recommend a service facility for you. OR if you are somewhat handy with tools I can direct you in this replacement. In that case a phone chat along with an illustrated manual would be best.