peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1999 Monaco La Palma and have no power to Acc.

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Monaco La Palma and have no power to Acc. port/hot lead to Radio harness looked at all fuses and can not find the problem. It was working until a wire came loose shorted together and after fixing the wire they no longer work
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If this is an accessory plug in at the radio itself and wasn't an issue before the short had occurred there is a chance the short has damaged the radio itself to where the radio needs removed and repaired or replaced to correct this fault here.I have seen radio short out and fail before with an issue like this here.If this is not what is acting up let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not the radio it is the Acc. Plug (cig. lighter type) that is not working.

Have you checked the wiring at the back of the lighter plug at all?