Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Loud noise dometic air conditioner model 57915.531g1

Customer Question

loud noise dometic air conditioner model 57915.531g1
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Can you describe the noise you are hearing? Does it come on when you first turn the AC on or when the fan is going OR does it make the noise when the compressor kicks in?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

the first thing I would do is remove the inside cover you will see 4 or 5 very long bolts that run up into the AC unit, in between is a gasket. What can happen is the bolts can back off and when they do the AC unit can get VERY noisy. IF the bolts are loose snug them all up and then put about 5 turns on each bolt. There is a torque spec on them and it is only about 12 inch pounds, so they do not take much.

The gasket should also be replaced if it is flat, you will see the gasket from inside between the roof and AC unit...

Next I would go top side and remove the cover, be careful as sometimes bees and wasps can make nests under the cover, check the fan and spin it by hand, make sure it is not rubbing or hitting anything. I would also check the compressor mounts, they should be rubber, make sure none are torn or cracked.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if you got my reply or not....

OK