Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

We are having problems with our 2009 Sprinter conversion

Customer Question

We are having problems with our 2009 Sprinter conversion Four Winds Motor Home. We had a tow package installed several years ago and there were no problems towing our car behind the motor home until now. When we connected the cable from the car to the motor home our lights on our tow vehicle did not work. My husband discover some of the wires in the plug were disconnected. There is no power coming from the plug in the motor home. My husband has been trouble shooting this problem for weeks with no luck. He seems to think that there might be a fuse involved in this problem. He has talked to Four Winds and they have not been much help. They have passed the problem to sprinter. PLEASE HELP Going crazy...Husband says we need a diagram of the fuses. Thanks
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

hello, can you provide me with a vin?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

sprinters are so varied with the options that a vin is the best thing for me to start with, i can look over the diagrams and if need be we can do a phone chat. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin on the motor home is WDXPF445X89375694
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks give me some time to go through some diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still available for diagnosing the problem with our Four Winds Camper?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i am trying, my greatest apologies, if i cant find something soon ill release the question so another expert may help, ill check back soon.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

is the trailer a LED lighted trailer?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

under the drivers seat on the left side are the fuses, now the fuses for the trailer recognition module are in a weird order., ill try and simplify this .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are towing from our motor home a CR-V Honda - we are not towing a trailer
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

fuse 4 , 14, 15, and 30, ok that makes sense, i can explain further

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

the trailer socket is connected to a control module, if the control module does not sense the proper resistance it will not allow power to the socket, so thats why he cannot get power from the socket, you will have to but a adapter from uhaul that adds resistance to the socket to allow the lights to function, even then i cannot guarantee 100% that this will work. but those are the fuses and this is the only options. sorry for the delay. hope this information helps. Please rate OK/GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE if i have been helpful and let me know if i can be of anymore
assistance positive feedback and BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED , however do NOT
rate bad if you are not happy with my answer and please do NOT leave
negative or neutral feedback as it has a direct impact on me.THANKS,Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell us where we might find these fuses?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you must have missed my reply. The fuses are under the drivers seat. It's in the side that faces the door. There's a panel that comes off to reveal the fuse block. My apologies if I was not clear.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello please let me know if you still need assistance. I hope my information helped. I hope you got the issue taken care of. I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.