peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2006 RoadTrek 210 P with a Chevrolet 3500 chassis.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 RoadTrek 210 P with a Chevrolet 3500 chassis. The side door behind the passenger door is locked and cannot be opened with the fob or the key. I think the child safety lock is the problem. My local Chevrolet service center could not open the door. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
***** *****
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

In some cases this will take a lock smith with their tools to get this door opened when this type of fault occurs like this here.The other option in some cases is to remove the interior door paneling to then access the latch to try and release it manually with tools like a flat blade screw driver or needle nose pliers.Usually when removing the door paneling with the door closed like this here can damage the paneling to where it will need repaired or replaced after this has been done as I have seen several times before in the past.I would try a lock smith first to see if they can get this opened with their tools and without any damage to your model here.I suspect the latch may be the cause here needing replaced.

Thanks Pete