Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a problem with the step cover in our 2007 journey

Customer Question

Hi, we have a problem with the step cover in our 2007 journey se. Push button and hear click but will not move out. Need advice on where fuse, or circuit breaker is located if any.Thanks Phil
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

These can be difficult to work on because of location. I would find the motor for the step cover and jump power direct and see if the step cover moves out, if not swap the jumper wires and it should run out, if it is clicking it sounds like it could be getting power and the motor would be at fault. IF I remember correctly they had a panel in the generator compartment you remove to access the motor for the step cover. I will also take a look at a diagram to see if it gives any type of fuse location..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I took a look at a diagram and it does not specify, however you should have an outside box and inside the box are some circuit breakers, make sure that none are tripped.....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, I cannot find the panel in the generator compartment. Thanks Phil
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Ughh...

OK on some you do have to get underneath the step and then look above the step for the motor, they can be a real pain to work on. I would raise the RV with the leveling and take a quick look underneath. I might also get a hold of Winnebago on this to see if there is any access on your model. I was going off of memory and do recall that on some they had a panel with like 20 screws in it and after it was out had access to the motor. I have worked on many that do not have access and you have to be a contortionist to work on them... My feelings are if the click is coming from the step cover the motor might be at fault as that is a sign it is getting power.

My goal is for you to be satisfied, If you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert