Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I just wired a utility trailer, all lights work fine except

Customer Question

I just wired a utility trailer, all lights work fine except when I turn on the headlights the signal lights on the trailer qiti blinking, turn the headlights off and the turn signal will blink again , any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi its as if the running lights are bleeding into the turn signal circuits, what kind of plug are you using ex: 7way, 6way, 4way, do you have a test light, or volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uswed a 7 pin plug, yes I have a multimeter

thanks, ***** ***** thing I would do is disconnect the trailer, and check the plug at the back of the tow vehicle..................then I would take a test wire, and energize the lights thru the plug on the trailer to make sure that the circuits are not crossed, and to identify the locations of each circuit on the plug making a diagram as I go. I would also remove the tow plug, and disassemble to make sure all wires are atatched properly , and freys of wire are not crossing onto other pins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I'll try that

thanks for responding, take your time, and let me know what you find out. Michael