Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I HAVE A S619 Silhouette by Dometiic. Whin I turn it on by

Customer Question

I HAVE A S619 Silhouette by Dometiic. Whin I turn it on by electric or gas eighter, The electric element heats up or the gas burner comes on and heats up but the freezer only gets cool and the refrigereator section seams to be room temperature. What should i do to fix the problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This could be a thermistor or cooling unit issue. Normally if you get no cooling on BOTH AC and LP the thermisor or cooling unit can be at fault. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on OR see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources. You can check the thermistor with a volt meter to see if it is working, click HERE and see page 7... If the thermistor is good I suspect the cooling unit is at fault.... Hope this helps some.... Robert