Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic 3way 150l fridge will not work on gas. Fine on 240

Customer Question

Dometic 3way 150l fridge will not work on gas. Fine on 240 and 12 volt.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify this...........it is a Dometic model RM2555 fridge? And when was the last time you had the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator? That needs to be done at least once a year. When you try to ignite this on gas.........does it try to ignite or not? Can you hear the igniter clicking? You may have to open up the outside inspection cover on the rear of the fridge to hear that. Let me know about these things and I can assist you in sorting this out. I am enclosing a link to the manual for this model if you don't have one. All follow ups are included in our fee.

http://www2.dometic.com/35569465-a189-499b-b3a4-e5f8beb18c67.fodoc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall
Thanks for your reply
It is a Dometic RM 2555
I am trying to source a pressure guage so bear with me. The gas water heater and stove work perfectly
I can hear the igniter click only once then have to turn off fridge then turn on to get igniter to click again
The service alert light (little book emblem) is alight
Regards,
Dan Moloney
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You will need a manometer that reads in Water Column Inches. From your last post it sounds like it may be a burner or control board issue. Even if the gas pressure is too low, it will continue to try to light. BUT, take a look at the gas valve area and see if the screw for the on/off is horizontal which would be "on" here. And the burner may have some bug debris in there that is keeping it from igniting. They are attracted to the ethyl mercaptan in the LP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall
Screw is in on position.
No pressure after solenoid.
Obtained gas flow by applying power (12volts) to solenoid
Regards,
Dan Moloney
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then the control board is probably the culprit IF the gas valve ohms out o.k. That should be about 45 to 55 ohms. See what you have and let me know.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You can check this by checking for 12 VDC at the plug for the gas valve........if you have a small digital multimeter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall
Oehm reading 90.2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Misunderstood I took reading on leads to gas valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oehm reading on solinoid 79.1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zero volts at plug at gas valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall
At the control board I found a blue wire disconnected but cant find where
One end comes out of multiple socket on control board marked 'display' It has a female black socket about 1mm diameter
Regards,Dan
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That blue wire doesn't go anywhere. Was the fridge in ignition mode when you too the voltage reading at the plug for the valve? IF not, you need to see what it is then. It doesn't seem like the board is putting out any DC voltage to the valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall
No voltage at gas valve with fridge in ignition mode.
Regards,
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That pretty much narrows it down to the control board.............and I would get one made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards. They come with good instructions and have a 3 year warranty should you ever need it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall
Having trouble cross referencing dinosaur boards
Closest is a RM 2554 (mine is RM2555)
No. On board 50-013101-C also(###) ###-####010
Product no(###) ###-####22
Would Micro P-711 be the correct board?
Regards
Dan.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I guess they don't actually make a 240 VAC version yet...........so, you would need to stick to the OEM part for now. I will give them a call today and find out if they will soon and let you know.