Joe
Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician
20245751

HAve a 2002 Fleetwood Storm, converted into a mobile food

Customer Question

HAve a 2002 Fleetwood Storm, converted into a mobile food truck..it will not start, starter has been checked and is good, lights, radio, ac comes on, no turn signals or dash board, dont know what to do, a relay clicks under the hood, when the key is turned, need this fixed
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

What chassis is your RV on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Workhorse

Sorry i gotta opt out, I only work on Ford F53 chassis.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Joe,

From your description it sounds like there is a poor connection in the ignition circuit. I suspect that you will find that the plastic ignition switch connectors have melted.
It is not uncommon for the ignition switch( located down on the steering column towards the floor) and the harness connector to to become distorted from heat. Over time , the contacts develop a high resistance and the plastic switch and connectors continue to deteriorate until all contact is lost.

If you haven't yet done so , pull apart the harness connector from the ignition switch and inspect for signs of poor contact or heat damage.

If you do find a damaged ignition switch, there was once a kit available from Workhorse that includes a relay and installation instructions.
The various Coach builders tend to overload the ignition circuits , causing the connectors to get soft , then eventually lose contact.

Contact a Workhorse RV parts distributor with your vin# ***** the proper kit.
I have done several retrofits , but it has been a few years ,and I do not have the part number handy.

-Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any clarification on something which I stated above.
Please remember to rate my service, so I can receive credit for my help.
-Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had the truck towed and repaired. No more correspondence is necessary, thank you for your time