Joe
Joe, RV Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder Turbo Diesel 38V with a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder Turbo Diesel 38V with a clear bra on the front and the problem is, it's looking really bad. How do I remove it.. I've tried about everything from heat gun to decal remover to gas and nothing works. My name is*****
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chad,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to remove this stuff, in some cases if it is left to get hard it can ruin paint removing it. Heat gun is one way and a decal remover tool (like a giant eraser) connects to a drill to remove it, mostly it is removed with a scraper and once it is that bad I have seen plenty that needed repainted after it was removed if it is at that bad of a stage. However it can usually be removed with a plastic scraper and plastic razor blades and a heat gun. Once it is removed you will need an adhesive remover. Here is a great write up esp showing a bad bra: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/61695-diamondshield-clear-bra-removal-2003-coachmen-elite-motorhome-lots-pics.html

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.