Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How to replace an outside cargo door handle (non locking) on

Customer Question

How to replace an outside cargo door handle (non locking) on a 2012 Winnebago View?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That should have some screws on the inside portion that allows the whole door handle to come out. Did that break or did the latch break? Most of these are made by Trimark. If you still have a problem, please attach a photo of the handle in question to your next post. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Would like to know how to remove the latch in order to install the new handle.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I'll have to admit I haven't seen one like this before, so I will opt out of this question and put it back up on the board so another tech can offer something. I don't know who else may be online this morning, so it might be a few hours. I will be out myself for the afternoon, but will check back in later and see if I can find something on this, if nobody has responded yet. Thanks for your patience! R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RJ,It was easy pizy. The bolts on the backside of the latch are fixed, so a wrench to hold them is not needed. 5 minute job.