Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1995 Fleetwood Coronado on a Chevy P-30 chassis.

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Fleetwood Coronado on a Chevy P-30 chassis. The switches on my range hood are not working and will not let me know Aux. battery charge left, how full holding tanks are or fresh water tank or in lp tank, or start hot water heater. These are all for gauges, The chassis battery switch does work however. I need to know where the fuse for this is located
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Some of those are fused on the back of the module..........depending on who made them. Pull the whole thing out and look. And if you have a 12 VDC test light this is pretty easy to trouble shoot. About $5 at most automotive or hardware stores and great to have! Let me know what you find and if you have a test light, I can direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled out the range hood front. No fuses of any type, just wire harnesses and lots of wires going to the switches and light board
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you have a 12 VDC test light you can find out quickly if the problem is in the board itself or if there isn't any power into it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no power coming to the switches. There has to be a fuse somewhere in the line prior to switch. This is the info I need. Where would the fuse be?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the power where it comes INTO the board........not the switches? And most of these will be fuses in with another part of your 12 VDC systems and not separately.............check them all with your test light. IF all test good, then chances are it will either be a bad ground OR a break in the circuit someplace. The ground lead usually is white........but, give me the colors and number of leads coming INTO the board........not just the switches. Those should all have a common feed off the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have NO power coming into the board. The only power I have is coming into the hood light switch and another hot wire to the main battery level switch. The aux battery side of the switch is not working along with the other switched. It appears like there is a break or fuse blown on the aux battery side because when I put power to that side of the switch all the gauges/lights work.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about the battery disconnect switch as the "aux battery side" on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have a 12 volt battery for engine, step and a couple of other items. I also have 2- 6 volt batteries connected together for interior lights heater, and other accessories , this is my aux. battery
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a photo of the area you are talking about. The two 6 VDC batteries are functioning as the "aux battery" is what I am understanding. Where are you hooking up the power to make all the gauges/lights work? It sounds like the problem is in the auxiliary battery disconnect switch...........one side has power and the other doesn't. IF NOT, please explain further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but you caused me a lot of extra work removing hood and checking board and wires. I asked for a fuse location. My father told me along time ago if you have an electrical problem check the circuit breakers / fuses first, if nothing wrong there proceed to the wiring. After checking all wiring I decided to follow my father's advice. I pulled each fuse from the 3 fuse boxes and found that the water pump fuse was blown. Replace the fuse and all is well. Now I will reinstall the range hood which never should have been removed
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF you go back and look you indicated you checked the fuses first......so I didn't suggest that as a cause. That is always the first place to check. Sorry that didn't come across well......but, glad you got it sorted out!