Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavour desiel MH and the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavour desiel MH and the house batteries died. Had them replaced and the house is still dead. I have no power to the house. Im not sure whether the person who installed the new batteries hooked them up correctly? Which terminal of the two six volt batteries hooks up to the round shaped unit above the batteries. Do two positive cables (one from coach and one from house) hook to this unit or should the house batteries negative cable connect up to this unit? If is was hooked up incorrectly, where is/are the fuse/fuses that may have blown? Please help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Near the entry door do you have a battery disconnect switch?

Are the batteries 6 or 12 volt?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The batteries are located in a storage compartment near the rear of the motor home, second to the last door on the passenger side of the motorhome. The batteries include two 6 volt on the left side of the compartment and two twelve volt on the right side of the compartment. There are two disconnect switches in this compartment (on and off positions by rotating the large round switch) There is one for the two six volt batteries on the left side of the compartment and one for the two 12 volt batteries on the right side of the compartment. The two twelves seem to operate properly (they are brand new and the engine starts right up). The two six volts do not seem to supply any power to the house.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

The 6 volt batteries will be for the interior. Below is a link for you that will show the hook up, it shows both the 12 volt and 6 volt set up. When the disconnect switch is on you should have voltage through the disconnect switch on each cable, if you have 12 volts you know the batteries are hooked up correctly. Follow the cable to the house battery fuse box and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, below is a picture for that..... Sometimes you will find a disconnect switch inside, it would be near the step switch OR above in a cabinet OR on the monitor. The inside switch would trigger a solenoid. The best plan on this would be to get a 12 volt test light and probe for power if the batteries are hooked up correctly, the test light will allow you to probe the battery cable, fuses and breakers to see where power is missing.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Breaker