Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2014 thor 35sk super c motor home. the problem I am

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2014 thor 35sk super c motor home. the problem I am having with it is the cargo door hinges. the little plastic pcs that are pop riveted in to the hinge to keep the door
lined up in its opening keep breaking. one tech. said the hinges were not designed to be used on the side of the cargo door, they are only for the top of the door. how can I give this a long lasting fix. Camping world fixed it under warranty but it only lasted a few openings of the door, before it broke again. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

My idea would be to manufacturer some UHMW keepers, the UHMW it is a very strong plastic that does not break like traditional plastic. Many times you can find the UHMW in blocks and can cut it downe and shape it. Click HERE and this will give you an idea of the material. Hope this helps some... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert