Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I am an insurance agent. One of my policyholders was pulling

Customer Question

I am an insurance agent. One of my policyholders was pulling his 5th wheel camper and one fiberglass side started peeling off from the front and started flapping in the wind. Is that becoming common? I own a motor home with fiberglass sides. Should I be concerned?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the fiberglass is either laminated, or held on by the moldings that surround it, if the glass has come off, something has changed, most times the molding has not been properly maintained, (cleaned and sealed) at times the fiberglass can shrink (if left in the sun) and again needs to be captured by the moldings, and the sealant....please get back to me for clarification if necessary... In essance, if you maintain it properly, you dont have to worry about this situation............Rarely seen