Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Jacks won't retract. Hwh jacks 300 series. Solinoids

Customer Question

Jacks won't retract. Hwh jacks 300 series. Solinoids replaced. Not working. Jacks have power but refuse to repond to store mode or manual button to retract(lower).
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of note: jacks are holding full weight of rv and not retracting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fluid level is full.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Click HERE and scroll down and you will see the troubleshooting for this condition, it is better if you follow the steps as it will show pictures for you. This sounds like a control box or shuttle valve issue... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert - thanks for the link; however, I have all the links and diagrams. Was hoping to get an answer from someone familiar with the issues specifically spelled out. I have googled the hell out of this situation but am not finding sufficient answers, just generic answers that don't help me beyond a google search.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

It is going to be the control box or shuttle valve....

Check the yellow and red LEDs for the solenoid valves while pushing the DOWN ARROW buttons. If the yellow LEDs are not coming on, the problem is the control box or touch panel. If the red LEDs are not coming on, the 10 gage wire from the pump relay to the four (4) pin gray connector could be the problem. Review If the yellow and red LEDs are coming on, the problem is most likely the shuttle valve. Turn the valve release nuts (small valves) 4 and 1/2 complete turns (no more) or valve release T-handles (large valves) 5 full turns counterclockwise. If the jacks retract, the problem is the solenoid valves or their connections. If the jacks do not retract, replace the shuttle valve. IMPORTANT: Do not t remove the shuttle valve until all solenoid valves are closed, electrically or manually...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, we are going to be taking it to a dealer. I can't get the system to work despite all lights in control box being fine. Solenoids are new but pressure relief valves yields no change in status. At this point, it has to be something out of the ordinary.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

It could be the control box or that shuttle valve. The dealer should be able to work with HWH in finding the problem. It is odd for none of the jacks to retract I am willing to bet it is going to be one of the two items I mentioned or an issue with the wiring harness.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page..

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turn the valve release nuts (small valves) 4 and 1/2 complete turns (no more) or valve release T-handles (large valves) 5 full turns counterclockwise." - as a heads up, my solenoids have neither of these options. I had the same frustration looking at their diagrams at hwh where valves shown did not match mine.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I understand and when something like this comes into the shop many times I have to contact them due to all the wiring involved. The solenoids I have seen will have a T handle, a spot on the end of the cap for a 1/4" nut driver and they do have a different one with a lever and spring that you move..... The 1/4 nut can be hard to get at because sometimes the wires are in the way......

You might also want to try HWH and see if they have any input before going to the dealer, they can be helpful. From my experience they do work off a call back log and it can take a day or two before they respond..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with the answer. Calling HWH and or being referred to the same online manuals I've already had isn't what I had in mind with this service.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I provided you a service manual on troubleshooting, the shuttle valve or control box is going to be at fault on this if they are not retracting. I am sorry you do not find my answer helpful and I will request a refund for you, I try my best and do not believe throwing parts at things, so my suggesting would be to get a hold of HWH as they can be helpful.

Robert