Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Do Onan RV gas generators have fuel filters? if so where

Customer Question

Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can start the generator runs for 10 - 15 mins. cuts off. Start it right back up runs for 10 - 15 cuts off
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Yes it should have an inline fuel filter, click HERE and have a look.... IF it runs and cuts off I would replace the filter, if the problem continues I would get a can of fuel and see if it will run from the can, if it runs from the can then I would be checking the hose from the tank to the generator, if the line was cracked or you had a loose fitting then it could suck air and shut the generator down, if it still fails to run hooked up to the tank make sure the tank has more then 1/4 of fuel, after that it could be a fuel pump issue..... Hope this helps some... Robert