Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a American Star 33 RBSB 2002 I bought it and the

Customer Question

I have a American Star 33 RBSB 2002 I bought it and the thermostat was gone already. It is a Duo therm unit on the roof. What kind of thermostat do I need?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

There are all kinds of thermostats Dometic makes. What you will need to do is get the model and serial number off the AC unit and then call a RV parts store and they should be able to tell you which thermostat you will need, some use what looks like a phone style cable and others will have wires that get secured to the thermostat. It is important to have the model and serial number so a thermostat can be matched with the circuit board inside the AC unit. Pull the inside shroud down and look for a sticker with the model number, sometimes the sitcker will also have a wiring diagram on it. Once you have that info I would call a RV parts/service shop and they can tell you what thermostat would work for that.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert