Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The kitchen slide on one side will not go in. One side works

Customer Question

the kitchen slide on one side will not go in. One side works the other acts like it is locked or stuck on something. This is a Winnebago Adventurer 35 A 2005 and this slide has only one hydraulic ram. Can you help me
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Does your slide room has two gear tracks with a square rod connecting them together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no this is the small kitchen slide it has one single ram in the center it trys to close but appears to get cocked and jamed
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just one ram, but doesn't it have a gear track on each side with an arm that you can see once the room is out?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a photo of the underside to your post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no gear track
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a photo of the underside of the room?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get it to you
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Attach it to your post........using the paperclip or link. And is there any name on the switch for the room? HWH or Power Gear or LCI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HWH is on the switch my husband has gone to take picture I'm not sure if I know how to send it to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need an email address to send you the picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there i'm sorry i dont know how to send picture to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the picture can you tell me what to look for.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you see the paper clip at the top of the posting area? Use that. And I am attaching a link to the system I think you have here. HWH makes quite a few of these systems. Look at the manual and if this seems like the one you have print out a copy for your use. It has a complete trouble shooting section. Look at that and then get back to me. The problem here is that the tracking portion of this isn't working properly and it is allowing the room to go out skewed. Hope that makes some sense. Please get back to me if you need more or can get the photos to me. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

http://www.hwh.com/ml21956.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will study this Manuel tonight. I know it's getting late. How can I contact you tomorrow?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just Bookmark this and you can come right back to it.............and I will make a phone chat offer for you if you think that would help to discuss it that way. You can do that or not. I am in the Pacific Time Zone and get up early and will watch for your post. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. Hope you rest well.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hope so......have a brand new mattress!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard Thank you for your help yesterday. I located my problem this morning. I have a leaking or blown out hydraulic cylinder
I am obviously looking at a larger job than I thought.
Thanks again for directing me to the manual for my system.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
In Christ,
Tony Finney
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** a good day when you are in HIM! Shalom, R.J.