peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Man, I 't even know where to start... I have a 2000 Damon

Customer Question

Man, I don't even know where to start... I have a 2000 Damon Intruder on a 07/99 F53 Chassis. 6.8V10 and 4R100 trans. Im getting codes P0720 OSS and P0715 TSS. the RV is shifting rough but through all the gears, OD light blinking. The OSS and TSS sensors are NOT in the tranny. I have replaced the VSS on the pumpkin but absolutely no luck. I have done the PCM grounds fix on the firewall. I need help badly! was planning on traveling this weekend... now this. I just bought it about 3 weeks ago...
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know where the TSS and OSS sensors are or where does the PCM get their information from, if they are not there! thanks in advance!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Mechanically Inclined. Thank you Thank you!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is taking a long time!!!! it has been 1 and a 1/2hour. i thought you guys would answer within 30 minutes..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
guys this is terrible!!! 4 hours and no one answered anything...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13 hrs! No one has replied!! I need to know something soon!!!
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.I see no one has replied and most likely this is due to the info you are looking for being difficult to obtain.If you have not checked with a dealer or repair center for your model here to see if they can tell you the info on the components you are looking for this should be done to see if they can help.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.I know this isn't the info you were looking for here but I hope this does help in some way.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, i apreciate your response, but im not gonna lie that im a little upset at this svc. It has taken 37 hours for a response, and im not blaming it on you. But when i asked for help on here, my computer said there was 2 RV/Mobile Home specialists with 18 years experience!!! One name was Joe who the computer said was looking into and answer for me that i never got, and the other was Gene! Anyways, either this svc is laying to people or the RV specialists didnt have the guts to try to help me like you did. So for this reason i have respect for for trying to help me! I look at it this way, even if we couldnt figure out the problem, 2 heads think better than one, so why not try right? But here's where i am... I called Ford tech support yesterday and they emailedbme the diagram to the engine/trans but no where there are the TSS or OSS sensors, but to make a Long story short, i believe i have found the problem. The PCM number on my RV does not match the number in its black cover that holds it and protects it. That raised a flag to me. So with my obd scanner, i was able to pull out the VIN number that is married to the PCM in the RV and what do you know??!! Its NOT the same VIN number from my RV. So i went on autocheck website and this VIN number belongs to a 99 Ford 350 super Duty Lariat! So this morning i will call Ford Tech support again to ask them what exsactly PCM number is ***** to be in my RV. And i will also ask what the difference is between my PCM now and what is suppose to be there! I also thought about just installing the 2 sensors in the tranny. The tranny has the TSS boss right there to install the sensor abd it has a cover on there. I pulled,the cover out, and i can see and fill the teeth from the sprocket or whatever is called. The OSS side in the rear has a hole for it, but this hole is a little smaller than the sensor, should be and its welded shut in the inside by a little,coat,od the aluminum thats the body od the trans, so it would have to be drilled out and make,a,small drill hole on the side with treads to install the bolt that will hold the sensor in...and i dont know if the sprocket fot the OSS is in there!!! But i prefer installing the right PCM if it will solve my problem... Even thou it will,cost me a,lot more money. So, thats where im at at the moment... Thanks for your input and,let me know if you want me,to keep you posted with this. Are you a Ford or RV Specialist? Thanks, ***** *****

I would go with the correct PCM.Most likley the codes are setting due to the incorrect PCM checking for sensors that your model does not have as usually the ISS and OSS is in or on the transmission and if yours does not have these the correct PCM and correct calibrations for it are needed.

Thanks Pete