Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a 2008 damon Rv large side out goes out does not

Customer Question

Have a 2008 damon Rv large side out goes out does not retract in
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When you hit the switch does anything happen at all, does the pump or motor run? IS this a hydraulic slide OR electric slide room?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor runs, it moved the slideout without a problem, However, it will not reverse. I need to know how to move it in manually.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Is this a hydraulic or electric slide-room?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea but if I had to guess electric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It rolls out with gears andcog
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I would find the motor, look on the end of the motor for a lever, if you have the lever move the lever and it will allow you to push the room in and out, or once the lever is released you can turn the motor with wrench, some have a spot for that. IF you do not see the lever what you can try to do is jump power directly and see if the motor will come in, if nothing happens reverse the jumper leads and the motor will run the other way.

Normally on an electric slide-room that runs but does not move indicates a problem with the motor OR realy controller. For a hydraulic room if the pump runs and does not move bad solenoid valve is the most likely cause.

IF you want to investigate more and let me know what the motor says (most will have a sticker) please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can..

Also on the electric motor you want to check where the motor is attached to the room and make sure no pins have sheered.....

Robert