Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Removing the shower door in an 05 cedar creek fifth wheel

Customer Question

Removing the shower door in an 05 cedar creek fifth wheel camper?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a photo of the door area? I think this is one that comes out as a whole unit, but would like to verify that first. That would make this much easier to walk you though. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That door should come off when you take those two screws out that are at the top and bottom. That is a called a Thompson bit or "square bit" and readily available to most hardware stores. Have someone hold the door and support it so it won't bend the hinge or fall and break. They are kind of heavy, so be careful. Hope that helps here...........please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are the pics
We have taken hinges out
The door will pick up but the top rail prevents lifting it further up
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Aren't there screws that hold that top rail to the sides? I thought that was what I saw in one of your photos. Some of these are riveted together, but usually those are the cheaper versions. Let me know what you find............