Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Ceiling lights will not shut off with sws. will only shut

Customer Question

ceiling lights will not shut off with sws. will only shut off when 12v power is off . I disconnected sws. light will on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There must be a damaged connection someplace where there is another circuit feeding across it........doubtful that the negative is the issue, but putting a small digital multimeter on the wiring would tell you that. You may have to re-wire the circuit as finding the problem may be too time consuming and expensive. One way to tell is to cut off another circuit.........one at a time and find out where the power is coming from that is feeding it. That would be a clue as well. Fleetwood does have some wiring diagrams for these, but you have to get them from a dealer or from them directly. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.