peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2000 monaco GMC ignition, just pulled the dash

Customer Question

I have a 2000 monaco GMC ignition, just pulled the dash apart and took out the ignition thinking that is what was causing the lights to stay on the dash after key was removed. took ignition out and dash lights are still on:(
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Some models use a retained accessory power relay to turn on and off these lights and this relay or module can fail and cause this here.I have also seen issues with shorted wiring causing this fault needing repaired.If anything electrical has been done on the vehicle recently I would have this re checked for any issues needing repaired.

If wiring is all o.k. the light control circuit will have to be tested to pinpoint and repair the cause here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No recent repairs prior to this happening. Also of note the electric step will not stay out and this started at the same time the dash lights started staying on. Weird thing is only a couple of the warning lights stay on, not all. And they all go out when you start the engine. I replaced the key switch today, and after calling Monaco, also replaced both sylinoids in the driver's side electrical area outside. Came back to the same dash lights still on and the step still will not stay out like the ignition switch is on. That's why I started with the switch. Where might this relay be located?

Unfortunately my info isn't showing me where this relay is located.Usually on most it is under the hood with the fuses and relays.

This may be a short in wiring causing this here.If you can I would have the wiring checked to the lights to see if any shorts or wiring damage is found.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. This is a Diesel pusher. My guess it is under the dash. I will investigate. Thanks!

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above if you like.

Thanks Pete