Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2011 Catalina 30bhs. My outlets buy the sink just

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Catalina 30bhs. My outlets buy the sink just inside the door and the one directly below on the outside are not working. I have reset the GFCI in the bathroonand they still do no work. the other outlets labeled GFCI are working. Any idea what might be wrong. Thank you Gary Dudek
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF you checked ALL the GFCI'S and they are working then you could have a wiring issue. To start I would get a polarity checker, it will plug into the outlets and tell you if there is a wiring issue such as an open neutral, ground or short. Most places like Home Depot sell them for a few dollars. IF the polarity checker does not light up then I would go to the breaker panel and check for AC voltage out of each breaker. Go to the outlet that is not working closest to the breaker panel and check the connections and then check the other. Make sure you also do not have a GFCI hiding sometimes they will stick one on the outside... Robert