Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How to get at bedroom slide out bottom glides/rollers on

Customer Question

How to get at bedroom slide out bottom glides/rollers on 2002 Winnebago ultimate freedom?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Does this have a Power Gear slide unit? And please describe the problem in some detail for me. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hwh hydraulic, the bottom skin of bedroom slide is torn/damaged so whatever the slide rolls on or slides on is damages and i need to visually inspect to see what is causing the problem so i can order repair parts. it is the WD floorplan 2002 ultimate freedom. does slide have to be removed to see what the slide rolls on or glides on, i can't figure out how to get access to this area
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Yes........to your question about getting to that area to inspect the damage. Not the kind of repair most customers can do due to the special lifts needed to support the room while it is out. I think this will need to go into a shop that can do those repairs. Be sure to ask them if they have experience with this sort of thing. I can supply some diagrams for you, but I don't think that will really get you to the root of the problem here. Sorry, that wasn't the best news for you. Please get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.