Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a new Dometic cockpit refrigerator on my newly

Customer Question

I have a new Dometic cockpit refrigerator on my newly purchased 2014 sea Ray Sundancer 350 and it is not cooling properly. The model number is ***** Model -CR 1050 MB33200070. I have the thermostat turned up to th maximum setting and it still is not cooling properly as the drinks and content are poorly cooled. Do you have any suggestions?
Please respond
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you running this on 12 VDC? Any way to check the input DC voltage to the unit? A small digital multimeter would be very helpful here. About $15 or so at most automotive or hardware stores. And how long has it been on now? Were the contents cooled first or put in there warm? And can you hear the humming of the compressor? Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am enclosing a link to the manual for this fridge and you should print out a copy if you don't have one. I want you to check the installation as to the wire size feeding the 12 VDC current. Very important! See that page. Also the venting described. IT HAS to be done correctly for this to cool properly! Let me know about these items as well. R.J.

http://www.dometic.com/QBank/EPiServer/Dometic/US/Manuals/Marine-manuals/Refrigeration/CR-Refrigerators-Freezers-Manual_5525.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

And let me know if there are any flashing light codes as described in the trouble shooting section.............I am about to head to the "barn" and call it a day, but will check back early in the a.m. and I live in the Pacific Time Zone. R.j.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs on12 VDC but I'm not sure if the compressor is humming. This unit has not cooled properly since day one. It is installed on my brand new boat and the contents have never been "cold"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a same brand name Dometic in the Galley of the boat and it works fine
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the wire size you used on the installation? And is the venting correct? Check those first. It may be that it is just defective and if so, it should be on warranty. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been away from the boat so there is no way of checking the wire installation or venting. Besides the two possibilities what else would cause faulty cooling performance?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Possibly a bad thermostat, but any other reason other than the wiring and venting would be under warranty. They do have some issues with these from time to time. IF you pull it out and bench test it and it performs properly, then you know it has to be one of those two things. Please let me know how this turns out as I try to keep notes on these. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't had chance to go out and check the unit on site. Should do so this weekend.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4..........get back to me if you need more.