Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have managed somehow to discharge the coach battery on my

Customer Question

I have managed somehow to discharge the coach battery on my 2005 Coachmen Concord. I believe I understand the use of the switch (for long term storage), but I can't tell whether the battery is charging or discharging. There is one green light labeled "coach
battery" that seems to stay green all the time. It is green right now. I am plugged into shore power. Doesn't seem to charge the coach battery I ran the generator. Didn't seem to make a difference I can drive the rv around for the alternator to charge it,
but since it discharged while I was driving, I'm not sure that driving further will help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
If you mean the chassis battery........that one doesn't get charged up by plugging into the shore cord or running the genset. Most coaches don't have the two systems tied together, except when the motor is running. Most of these you can use the auxillary start button to start the engine and then it will charge up. You can add a solenoid that will do both if you feel it needful. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what the auxiliary start is.If I turn on the engine and drive, should the chassis battery charge?Is there a way for me to tell that it is charging?Should I check the water levels in the battery?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check the water levels in the batteries on a regular basis........especially the coach batteries. And yes, it will charge up when you drive it. When yu are done then hit the battery disconnect so it won't be discharged. That is what those are for. See your Owner's Manual for that information. R.J.