Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My water pump in my rv(trailor) sounds like it is laboring.

Customer Question

My water pump in my rv(trailor) sounds like it is laboring. Water flow in all faucet are fine
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
A few things I would look for, first on some pumps they will have an inlet screen, you would have a clear round plastic cap on the inlet and under the cap is the screen, make sure it is clear if you have it.
Next I would make sure you have good DC voltage at the pump, it should be above 11 volts.
I would also check the mounts on the pump, it will have rubber grommets and sometimes the screws going through the grommets can vibrate loose and when that happens the pump can become much noisier.
I might also briefly crack the outlet on the pump, turn the switch on for about 5 seconds and then tighten the fitting back upo, want to make sure the pump is not air bound.
IF all that looks good I would replace the pump, id the impeller or something inside was worn out it would labor and be noisy...
Hope this helps. Robert