Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1996 Newmar Mountaine Aire RV with a Dometic

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Newmar Mountaine Aire RV with a Dometic Duo-Therm 4 button Comfort Control that controls strip heat, propane gas furnace, and 2 Penguin A/C units that has bad buttons. To control the 2nd ac unit you must hit the two bottom buttons simultaneously. Do you have a replacement for this unit. thanks Dean cell (###) ###-#### ***** email***@******.***
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The 4 button duo therm is obsolete, they do not make the 4 button anymore. It has to be replaced with a 5 button controller AND the circuit boards need to be changed out in the AC units for that thermostat to work. Most any RV parts store can get you the kit for this. I also know some customers have sent them in for repair click HERE for that, these guys also shoe the kit that is needed.... Hope this helps. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert