Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dometic NDA1402 refrigerator on my 2008 Fleetwood

Customer Question

I have a Dometic NDA1402 refrigerator on my 2008 Fleetwood Discovery. I am currently hooked up to 50amp shore power and the refrigerator is trying to connect to LP gas and will not stay on 120V AC power. I am out of LP gas and so the refrigerator is turning off. Is there a way to disable the LP switch?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It will not stay on AC mode because there is not any AC available (or so it thinks) and that is usually due to a blown fuse on the control board for the AC heating elements OR a bad control board for that mode OR there is no AC present due to a bad or thrown service breaker. If you have a small digital multimeter this is pretty easy to track down. It is getting late here where I am............can we continue this in the morning? IF you don't have a meter they are available at most automotive or hardware stores for about $15 or so. I can supply a manual and direction for testing. IF you have a meter and get right back to me we can sort this out now. Go to the link following for a manual which is for most of the 4 door models, even though this is a later version. Still most of the information is the same. See the section on testing the output of the heating element on the control board and that fuse. Double check the breaker in your service panel. Let me know what you find and get back to me if we need to go further here. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

See page 39 of the following linked manual for the back of your fridge and location of the board and fuses. Print out a copy of these so you hae them! Very helpful to have. R.J.

http://www.dometic.com/QBank/EPiServer/Dometic/US/Manuals/RV-manuals/Refrigerators/Installation-Instructions-All-Refrigerator-Models_3313238.036_17707.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue in the morning? How do I get in touch with you?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Or you can bookmark this and come right back to it in the morning............