Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Jayco 26L and took out the atwood water heater.

Customer Question

I have a Jayco 26L and took out the atwood water heater for repair. When I unhooked I did not look at the wires correct and now have the 4 wires that go to the circuit board on the water heater. Problem is the wires are different colors. I believe this is the thermostat board to shut off heat at temp. On the tank are White, Orange, Blue, and Green wires. From the camper I have Brown, Red, White, and Orange. Can you help?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/rv-motorhome/3uzd6-jayco-26l-took-atwood-water-heater.html#ixzz3jTPlMI00
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the manufacturers don't always follow good protocol about the choice of wiring colors. You can sort this out with a small multimeter OR you might give Jayco Customer Service a call at(###) ###-####and give them the last 8 of your VIN number and they can send you some wiring diagrams for your camper........very handy to have! If you want to sort this out, I need the model number of your water heater. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any luck with Jayco Customer Service? I am enclosing a link to the Atwood Manual for their water heaters which have all the wiring diagrams and testing. Very helpful to have and I would Bookmark it or print out a copy. R.J.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf