Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have water damage to rv, subfloor requires replacement. I

Customer Question

I have water damage to rv, subfloor requires replacement. I understand that all the cabinetry as well as 2 12 foot slideouts will have to be removed to access floor dmg, how much time will be required to remove and reinstall the slideouts and remove shower, toilet,sink, kitchen sink and kitchen cabinetry, as well as bedroom pedestal and bedroom closet?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
This can be a big task, in the shop to do all these items correctly you are looking at around 30 to 40 hours of labor ball park. You can save money by calling around as labor rates can vary.
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you break down the hours for each item
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
The slide-rooms will take the most time, I would say to remove both slide-rooms you are looking at about 12 hours, that includes removing any awnings and unhooking any plumbing or electrical lines.
Showers can be difficult I would say 6 hours at the most for that. One hour for the toilet, 2 hours for the sink and then 4 hours for the cabinets another hour for each pedestal... So that would be around 30 hours. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does just ask have phone # ***** call if I do not get a response to my request for a phone call? How will I know that you did not charge my visa card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a break down of time it would take to R and R the items mentioned. Primarily the time it will take to Remove and replace the 2 12 foot slideouts. Please advise
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK...
Like I said you are looking at about 12 hours to remove and re-install both slide-rooms. I also listed the times for the other items.
Showers can be difficult I would say 6 hours at the most for that. One hour for the toilet, 2 hours for the sink and then 4 hours for the cabinets another hour for each pedestal.
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
based on your info, I have calculated time to R&R items to be approx 15000.00. A local shop is wanting 43000 to perform this task. What am I missing? I used their labor rate at 125.00 per hr. I figured a new subfloor 8' by 36' allowing for waste. unit is 34 feet long. floor material at 22.00 ea for 9 4 X 8 sheets of 1/2'' plywood. new carpet, 29 yards at 22.00 per yard and 7 yards of vinyl flooring at 25.00 per yard. Minor plumbing components at 200.00 I came up with approx: 90 hrs labor to complete repair. Does this sound reasonable? These labor hrs include labor to replace subfloor, carpet, carpet pad, vinyl and R And R Fixed items and slideouts. Please advise your opinion. Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK...
No... I did not take in account for the floor or carpet, if the entire floor needs to be replaced with carpet you are looking at about 24 hours on the floor another 8-10 hours on the carpet and pad and another 4 hours for any detail work the floor needs done. I would say with replacing the floor and everything else 80-90 hours of labor. I might also get another shop to do an estimate to see if you can save some money on this.... With the cost of all the materials it would be hard form me to give you an accurate number. I would ask them for a printed detailed estimate if they have not given you one yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for a hard estimate from shop. When I receive, can I go over with you? It may be a few days. Please advise how I may contact you and will there be an additional charge? Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
you can respond when needed, I am around daily and respond when I can. Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert