Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Norcold 1200 Fridge - No Power - Need to bypass recall box?

Customer Question

Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure the recall box is even installed. The red 12v wire coming from the batteries goes into a flue sensor of some sort above the burn chamber, then into the 12v input on the board. Bypassing flue sensor did not help. I see a white and black "flp/dc heat" cable heading up into fridge back; not sure if that's it?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

To me it sounds like you do not have that sensor, it should be clipped to the absorber coils, click HERE to view. IF you do not have that I would get it taken care off under the recall. Can not bypass that sensor as it is a major hazard as you are taking away the high temp controls and these can catch on fire if you had an issue with the cooling unit.

IF the board is clicking It could also be at fault..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there does not appear to be anything between the 12v coming in and the board, besides the flue sensor. I bypassed the sensor, and the clicking relay continues. How can I troubleshoot/bypass the problem on the board? Can I jumper the 12v elsewhere on the board and get it powered up?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
You should have power and ground going into the board, I would try another DC source just to be sure the supply voltage is not the issue. Check all your connectors on the board as well. There might not be much you are going to be able to do on this.
The controls should be turning on if you have good DC voltage and the fuse on the board is not blown. Robert